The authorities of Quang Ninh Province are conducting fire safety inspections of all tourism boats after 17 foreign visitors were rescued from a burning boat on December 25 in Halong Bay. According to Quang Ninh Inland Waterway Port Authority, the Hoa Phuong Do Company boat was returning from Cat Ba Island. When it passed Reu Island, it was suddenly caught fire. It was carrying five crew, 17 foreign tourists, two local visitors and one tour guide. The authorities and nearby boats quickly came to the rescue and no one was hurt. The second floor of the boat was badly damaged. Nguyen Duc Long, chairman of Quang Ninh Province’s People’s Committee, ordered an investigation into the cause of the fire and halted the operation of all the boats operated by the Hoa Phuong Do Company. He also asked police and firefighters to inspect fire prevention and safety system on all the tourism boats operating in the bay. Boats that fail to meet the requirement will not be allowed to operate.
- Three new facilities expected to give strong boost to Quang Ninh’s tourism
- Fishing report for week of Jan. 9-15
- Fishing report for week of Nov. 14-20
- Fishing report for week of Feb. 20-26: Pine Flat and Eastman bass hitting
- The Ultimate Dodge Challenger Road Trip
- Arctic Ice Road: driving this treacherous route in Mercedes-AMG GLE 43
- Hank “the Crank” Bechtloff
- Ultimate Challenger Road Trip: Day 9 Le Mans to Portsmouth
- The First-Ever Street Car with Mercury Racing’s Twin-Turbo 9.0L V8
- Tracing Viking Routes in an Audi R8 V10 Spyder
Halong Bay tourist boat fire prompts inspections have 252 words, post on dtinews.vn at December 25, 2015. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.