PARIS (AP) The latest on the deadly attacks in Paris. (All times local): — 3 a.m. President Barack Obama says he’s taking a wait-and-see approach on whether Russia does more to focus on Islamic State targets in Syria, which the U.S. would ”welcome.” Intensified Russian airstrikes Tuesday hit the Islamic State’s stronghold of Raqqa, Syria, that is also being pounded by the French after the Paris attacks that killed 129 people. The airstrikes came after Russia’s FSB security service confirmed for the first time that a bomb caused the Oct. 31 crash of a Russian airliner over Egypt’s Sinai desert, killing 224 people. The Islamic state had already claimed responsibility. Russia recently joined an international campaign of airstrikes against the Islamic State. But Obama maintained that Russia had been more focused on targeting moderate opposition groups and propping up Syrian President Bashar Assad. Obama says he expressed his view to Russian President Vladimir Putin that Russia has been going after the wrong targets. He says the U.S. is ”going to wait and see” whether Russia shifts its focus to Islamic State targets ”and if it does so that’s something we welcome.” Obama commented Wednesday while traveling in the Philippines. -By… Read full this story
- The media is responsible for President Trump and it still hasn’t learned from 2016, says Rolling Stone’s Matt Taibbi
- Framebridge CEO Susan Tynan explains why it’s okay to be analog in a digital world
- Jon Lovett explains why Democrats in Congress probably won’t regulate Facebook
- On Facebook’s 15th birthday, we should be talking about its size
- Dr. Zuhdi Jasser on terror threats facing the United States
The Latest: Obama would ‘welcome’ Russian focus on IS have 273 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 17, 2015. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.