LOS ANGELES (AP) After 20 years in a Lakers uniform and a lifetime in basketball, Kobe Bryant determined that his aching body and his passion for the game had both grown weaker than his excitement about the future. That’s when Kobe decided he could only wait a few more months to begin his life after the Lakers. Bryant announced Sunday that he will retire after this season, ending a landmark 20-year NBA career spent entirely with Los Angeles. He was serenaded with cheers throughout the struggling Lakers’ 107-103 loss to Indiana, beginning his farewell tour through the league with a clear mind and a burgeoning curiosity about his next chapter. ”I had to just accept the fact that I don’t want to do this anymore, and I’m OK with that,” the dry-eyed, smiling Bryant said after the game. The 37-year-old Bryant made the long-anticipated declaration in a post on The Players’ Tribune on Sunday, writing a poem titled ”Dear Basketball.” ”My heart can take the pounding. My mind can handle the grind. But my body knows it’s time to say goodbye,” wrote Bryant, the third-leading scorer in NBA history. ”And that’s OK. I’m ready to let you go. I want… Read full this story
- Kobe Bryant Launching New Podcast for Kids — and Says Coaching His Daughters Helped Inspire Him
- 2016 in review - April: Danny Willett stuns Augusta as Kobe Bryant bows out in style
- Kevin Garnett says ‘farewell’ after 21 NBA seasons
- David Stern, Transformative N.B.A. Commissioner, Dies at 77
- Celebrity deaths 2020: Famous faces we've lost from Barbara Windsor to Caroline Flack
Kobe Bryant says he will retire at end of season have 266 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 30, 2015. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.