“I thought there would be military and police everywhere but I haven’t seen it.” These were the first words the Sweden Democrats leader Jimmie Åkesson said to me as we began our walk around the Brussels “no go zone” of Molenbeek this week, just a few hours before police raided properties for the second time in the area in search for connections to the atrocities that rocked Paris and the Western world last week. Jimmie Åkesson is 36 years of age – quite remarkable for a political leader whose party is currently topping the polls in the country. But he could easily pass for 25.“I’ve been doing this for 20 years,” he insists, explaining that what motivates him today is the thought of bringing up his two year old son in a country that is “as nice” as he and his parents grew up in. “[T]hat is maybe the main reason now, to fight for him… I have to do something so I can tell my children and their children that I tried to do something. I think that is the main reason I do this.” Jimmie Åkesson talks to Breitbart London’s Raheem Kassam in Molonbeek (Breitbart London) The Sweden Democrats – often… Read full this story
- Brexit deal is 'within sight' as talks stretch into the night but Boris Johnson is warned one bad move could 'turn it to dust'
- Brexit deal within reach in last-ditch talks, but doubts remain
- I Am A Friend Of Naxalites - Deshpande
- The Latest: Putin and Erdogan discuss situation in Syria
- The key players in the UK’s hunt for a Brexit deal
- Art Paintings From Your Photo
- Who Can Speak For Me? Israeli Theatre Assays the Palestinian Conflict, Acting As a Moral Conscience
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Sweden Democrats Leader Jimmie Åkesson Talks To Breitbart London From Brussels ‘No Go Zone’ Molenbeek have 285 words, post on www.breitbart.com at November 19, 2015. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.