New crowdfunding platform Fig has seen its first failure. The crowdfunding campaign for Anchors in the Drift, a free-to-play PC game from the maker of Scribblenauts, came up well short of its $500,000 target.Fig campaigns are all-or-nothing, so developer 5th Cell will need to secure funding through other means if the studio wants to move forward with the project, Fig CEO Justin Bailey told Polygon.In Anchors, players would have traveled across a quantum ocean known as the Drift. You’d play as a hero, known as an Anchor, tasked with sailing across the sea and liberating its islands. Anchors is Fig’s second game since the platform’s launch in August; the first was Mobius Digital’s Outer Wilds. That game’s campaign was successful, bringing in more than $800,000. Fig differs from platforms like Kickstarter and Indiegogo in that it offers both rewards-based backing as well as equity to accredited investors. More information about the accreditation process is available here. In addition, the platform only supports one game at a time.”Crowdfunding exists so that creators can take more creative risk than a traditional publisher would let them and get a signal directly from their fans,” Bailey told Polygon. “Sometimes the signal is that fans… Read full this story
- Do Capitals or Lightning win Game 7, reach Stanley Cup Final? Golden Knights await.
- D.C. United earns 0-0 draw against Red Bulls, keeping home playoff game within reach
- Xbox Game Pass Exclusivity Hurts Microsoft More Than It Helps
- Winning Asian Games next target: PHF President
- Best Gaming Console You Can Buy Right Now
- Indian Air Force Game Launched, Features Wing Commander Abhinandan’s Lookalike
- Cricket 19, Official The Ashes Game, Announced for Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PC
- Steam’s Interactive Recommender Makes Game Discovery Personal, Ditches Tags and Reviews to Highlight Hidden Gems
- Esports player Ninja fails to qualify for Fortnite World Cup
- Maisie Williams bids adieu to Game of Thrones; will Arya Stark survive till the end?
Another Game Fails to Reach Crowdfunding Target have 322 words, post on www.gamespot.com at November 20, 2015. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.