Tuoi Tre News introduces a series of photos of Professor Tran Van Khe, known as the master of traditional Vietnamese music, who died on Wednesday from numerous elderly health issues, taken by famous local photographer Nguyen A. A said during the illness-fighting days, Prof. Khe, who was also a seasoned musicologist, academic, writer, teacher and performer of traditional music, always kept a positive spirit. The music master passed away at the age of 94 after nearly a month of fighting for his life. He drew his last breath at 2:55 am at Gia Dinh People’s Hospital, where he was admitted on May 27. He suffered illnesses in the lungs, heart and kidney, according to doctors. During the last years of his life, the professor still kept the habit of reading despite his poor eyesight. Photo: Nguyen A The music master friendly poses for a photo with children. Photo: Nguyen A Nguyen A Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!
- African-American History in Photos
- VinFast: behind Vietnam’s rapid-fire automotive dream
- Photos: Seattle in the '90s
- The Itchyfooted Melvin Van Peebles
- Rare Images of Black History: A Timeline
- Tragic lorry migrant, 26, 'was deported from UK just DAYS before dying in trailer', say Vietnamese family who remortgaged home to fund £30,000 return trip
- African Literary Digest: 101 Notable Pieces of 2018
- The Brittle Paper Digest: 79 Notable Pieces of 2017
- Hue Festival 2018 seeks more funding
- Staff Picks: Book Festivals, Benefactors, and Broken Buttonholes
File photos of Vietnam’s late traditional music scholar Tran Van Khe have 238 words, post on at June 24, 2015. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.