The United States Virgin Islands Casino Control Commission hosted the International Masters of Gaming Law Annual Spring Conference on St. Thomas on March 29-31. The conference started off with a welcome from USVI Casino Control Commission Chairwoman Violet Anne Golden and a keynote address by USVI Governor Kenneth E. Mapp. Governor Mapp advised the conference audience that it is time for the USVI to expand its gaming operations beyond the current casino on St. Croix and explore initiation of Internet gaming in the USVI. Governor Mapp emphasized that he supports the USVI gaming industry and its expansion as an element of the USVI economy. In this regard, the USVI Attorney General issued an opinion in 2013 concluding that the USVI’s previously enacted gambling law, which allows Internet-based gambling, does not conflict with federal rules. However, it is recognized that the previously adopted legislation requires tweaking in light of legal and regulatory developments regarding Internet gaming since the original enactment of the USVI gaming legislation in 2001. The USVI is also investigating the possibility of opening the USVI to sports betting.The International Masters of Gaming Law Conference featured speakers from around the world discussing online and offshore gaming, fantasy sports, legalized… Read full this story
- Inside the Decade-Long Russian Campaign to Infiltrate the NRA and Help Elect Trump
- Panama Papers fallout continues as Iceland PM resigns, David Cameron denies involvement
- GM Prepares to Get Dunked On at the Democratic Debates in Detroit
- Learn How to Hack From the Best Websites and Tutorials
- A friendly reminder from the FBI: Your smart TV could give hackers a way in
- Does London have the worst NO2 pollution on Earth?
- Secret tapes reveal Liberal insider's plot to deliver alleged Mafia donations to Matthew Guy
- How the Trump Organization's Foreign Business Ties Could Upend U.S. National Security
- Trump’s other “quid pro quo” is Washington’s biggest open secret
- The Hill's Morning Report — Pelosi makes it official: Trump will be impeached
USVI Casino Control Commission Hosts IMGL Gaming Law Conference have 318 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at April 21, 2015. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.