Programme information is now available on the inaugural SEMICON Southeast Asia, which will run from 22–24 April at SPICE in Penang. The event, organized by SEMI, a global industry association, features an expanded programme and larger audience base focusing on Southeast Asia communities in the semiconductor and microelectronics sector. SEMI estimates spending of US$19 on semiconductor equipment and materials in the Southeast Asia region for 2015 and 2016. With an emphasis on opening up new business opportunities and fostering stronger cross-regional engagement, SEMICON Southeast Asia will feature a tradeshow exhibition, networking events, market and technology seminars, and conferences.
Ng Kai Fai, President of SEMI Southeast Asia, said, “Southeast Asia is a vibrant and changing market for the semiconductor industry. For 2015 and 2016, SEMI estimates spending of almost US$ 5 billion on front-end and back-end equipment in the Southeast Asia region, and another $14 billion in spending on materials including $11 billion on packaging-related materials. Southeast Asia has over 35 production fabs including Foundry, Compound Semiconductors, MEMS, Power, LED, and other devices. The region contributes a substantial 27 percent of global assembly, test and production, on top of being the largest market for assembly and test equipment,” he added.
More than 60 industry speakers and 200 companies will participate in SEMICON Southeast Asia, with thousands of attendees participating in the event. Attendees will learn the latest technology developments and strategies from industry leaders. SEMICON Southeast Asia connects decision makers from leading and emerging semiconductor companies with important industry stakeholders from both the region and all over the world.
Focusing on key trends and technologies in semiconductor design and manufacturing, the event also addresses expanding applications markets like mobile devices and other connected “Internet of Things” (IoT) technologies. Key enablers, such as specialised materials, packaging, and test technologies, as well as new architectures and processes, will be featured throughout the event. Highlights of SEMICON Southeast Asia include:
- Market Trend Briefing — Features presentations from: EQUVO, Gartner, GFK Retail Technology , IC Insights, SMC Pneumatics (SEA), SEMI, and Yole Developpement
- Assembly and Packaging Forum — “Emerging Packaging Solutions for Computing, Mobility and IoT Platforms” forum features presentations from: Advantest, AMD, ASE Group, Freescale Semiconductor, GLOBALFOUNDRIES Singapore, Intel, Infineon, Kulicke & Soffa, Lam Research, MediaTek, Tanaka Kikinzoku, and Yole Developpement
- Product and System Test Forum — “Testing Strategy for a Fast-paced Semiconductor Market” with presentations from Advantest, ATMEL, GLOBALFOUNDRIES Singapore, Intel, Keysight Technologies, Silicon Labs International, UTAC Singapore, Xcerra
In addition, the event features forums on Technology Innovation, LED Technology, and Yield Productivity and Failure Analysis.
- Going to Southeast Asia? Keep This in Mind!
- Angel Investors in Asia
- Booking Cheap International Flights to Asia
- Material Handling Equipment Financing
- Outfitting Your Home Gym From Scratch and the Three Essential Pieces of Equipment You Must Have
- This Is Perhaps The Most Important Benefit Of Home Exercise Equipment
- Sports Equipment Recreation
- Find the Best Home Fitness Equipment in Scottsdale
- CNC Equipment - Get the Right One For the Job
- Water Therapy Exercise Equipment