MOSCOW (AP) Russia’s car market continues its plunge as the country heads for recession, with sales down 42.5 percent annually in March and 36.3 percent for the first quarter as a whole.Sales in March fell to 139,850 cars from 243,332 in the same month a year earlier, according to the Moscow-based Association of European Businesses.All of the top 10 car models sold in March are produced in Russia after the plunge in the ruble last year made imports expensive.U.S. companies are among those whose sales fell most sharply, with Ford down 73 percent.General Motors said last month it would pull its Opel brand out of Russia entirely by the end of the year and mothball its St. Petersburg factory, while also slashing Russia-based production of the Chevrolet brand.
- Car Owners Are Now Hit With Negative Equity
- Market Movers: What changed for D-Street while you were sleeping
- Deciding Whether to Repair Or Replace Your Car
- How Science Fiction Failed Us: The Real Future Of Autonomous Cars
- A Six Step Guide That Guarantees Cheap Motor Car Insurance
- Choosing the Best Car Rental Company
- I'm not a Russian asset! Tulsi Gabbard makes bizarre boast during 2020 debate as she accuses U.S. of trying to fight 'regime change wars' in the Middle East
- HCM City: Exports pick up 6 percent in eight months
- Japanese car sale in S. Korea halves on boycott campaign
- Buy Used Cars Cheap - 5 of the Cheapest Cars
Russian car market deepens plunge with 43 percent drop have 228 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 8, 2015. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.