The Rev. Robert H. Schuller as he delivered a sermon, entitled “Forecasting the Future of the Faith,” in 2006. At the end of his sermon, Schuller, then 79, announced his retirement as senior pastor of the Crystal Cathedral. Schuller and his wife remained on the board of directors until Feb. 28, 2012. In 2004, Rev. Robert H. Schuller leaves a news conference in front of the complex housing the Crystal Cathedral where a gunman opened fire in Garden Grove. Sound The gallery will resume inseconds The Robert H. Schuller and members of his Crystal Cathedral Ministries in Garden Grove as he celebrates 50 years of ministry. There were congratulatory messages from the president and others. In his decades of ministry, Schuller became friends or pastor to many celebrities, including John Wayne, Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope, Lucille Ball and Johnny and June Cash. He also advised various politicians and public figures, including Presidents Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford. Three presidents invited Schuller to the White House: George H. W. Bush, William Clinton and George W. Bush. The Rev. Robert A. Schuller, right, comforts his emotional father after Robert H. Schuller announced his retirement from the pulpit in 2006. The younger Schuller… Read full this story
- Final goodbye: Recalling influential people who died in 2020
- Sundance 2020: Angelina Jolie, Robert Redford, Riley Keough, Bruce Lee Docu, Lena Waithe & LGBTQ+ Rights Pack Lineup
- Leading heart surgeon and professor, 69, who 'made a difference to many, many lives' and pioneered research into life-saving stents dies after contracting coronavirus
- The spy satellite that can see INSIDE your apartment and take 'crystal clear' pictures even through clouds
- How World War II shaped 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher dies after suffering stroke
- President Buhari, not ‘sleeping on duty’ – Presidency replies Rev. Mamza
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 16 (Updated hourly)
- The Rev. Lee Wesley, longtime Baton Rouge pastor and community leader, dies at age 76
- 'An outstanding person': Basketball Hall of Famer KC Jones dies at age 88
‘It was a life well-lived’: Rev. Robert Schuller, leader of Crystal Cathedral and ‘Hour of Power,’ dies at 88 have 316 words, post on www.ocregister.com at April 3, 2015. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.