EMILY’s List, a PAC that seeks to elect pro-choice female Democrats to office, threw a hell of a 30th anniversary party in Washington on Tuesday night. I was there. So was a woman who I’m pretty confident will one day be President of the United States. She was sitting at my table. I didn’t understand how stacked the event’s guest list was until I took my seat a few speakers in. There was one chair available at the table for which I had a ticket (a table all the way at the front of the room, which should have maybe put me in High Alert Mode). It was right next to a woman who would introduce herself, in a whisper, before my brain could even register that I’d written about her before, as Senator Debbie Stabenow. I blinked for a second before sputtering “I love you.” She responded with a comment that we were both wearing the same shade of blue. OK. Hello Michigan Senator Debbie Stabenow, my new buddy. Hello. Doing great. Good work. Because I’ve never been in a city where they just roam around in the wild, like celebrities do here in New York, in-the-flesh politicians are… Read full this story
- Indra Nooyi: The Indian executive who broke glass ceiling in corporate America
- Fact check: Debunked ‘nooses’ quote attributed to Hillary Clinton resurfaces
- Scorched earth: Donald Trump brings Benghazi widows and Clinton sex-assault accuser to final showdown with Hillary in Vegas - as Bill's 'secret love child' demands DNA test now
- They faked it! Head of DNC denies tipping off Hillary about town hall question - and insists incriminating email published by Wikileaks was doctored to frame her
- Brazile: Sending Clinton town hall topics ‘mistake I will forever regret’
- A list of people and things Donald Trump tried to get canceled before he railed against 'cancel culture'
- Stunning three-acre California beach compound that once hosted mobster Al Capone and author John Steinbeck hits the market for $15million and features a six-bedroom main cabin and guest house with a pool
- Incredible photos reveal inner workings of Russian billionaire’s superyacht featuring open air four-poster beds, a gym and bomb-proof glass
- Lin-Manuel Miranda: Trump Lies ‘As Easy As You and I Breathe’
- Trump in crisis after lewd remarks about women come to light
EMILY's List Gala: Hillary Clinton Hosts a Funeral for the Glass Ceiling have 383 words, post on jezebel.com at March 5, 2015. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.