The sport of MMA is still at a point where that whenever a UFC fighter gets a sponsorship and does an ad for a major brand, it’s a big deal. In recent years, one of the fighters most successful at getting such sponsorships, especially in his home country of Brazil, has been long time former middleweight champ Anderson Silva.Take, for example, his deal with Budweiser beer. Now, we’re not advocating you drink anything in particular, but we do suggest you take a look at the pretty cool and deep (well, for a beer ad, at least) commercial featuring Silva that the beet company has released in Brazil.Far from the typical, “Hey, there’s __ famous athlete, let’s have a drink with them!” type of beer ad, this one gets all symbolic and crap, showing a fallen Silva near-death at the bottom of a pit as a metaphor for his back to back stoppage losses and career-threatening leg injury. Will “The Spider” stay down, or will he find a way to get back up and climb back to the top, using Spider Man and a Bruce Lee imposter (who combines Bruce’s “Be water, my friend,” quote with the Marvel super hero, and… Read full this story
- Hong Kong Protesters, Inspired By the Late Great Martial Artist Bruce Lee, Stun Beijing
- Bruce Lee Plays Neo in 'The Matrix' Thanks to New Deepfake Technology (Video)
- Stan Lee's cosy San Francisco apartment goes on the market for $1.35M... and the late Marvel legend's home boasts high ceilings, a marble bathroom and an elegant finish
- America's Got Talent: Kodi Lee performs during live quarterfinals leaving Gabrielle Union emotional
- Unai Emery, Marco Silva, Manuel Pellegrini: Who is the most vulnerable in sack race?
- From the first email to the first YouTube video: a definitive internet history
- After Man Utd star Anderson retired from football, check out our weirdest XI of players to have won the Champions League
- Why Slow Hollows' Austin Anderson Is Done Second-Guessing Himself (Mostly)
- The 70 best video game characters of the decade
- ‘Daughters of the Dust’: Why the Movie That Inspired ‘Lemonade’ Is Back
VIDEO: Anderson Silva uses Bruce Lee and Spiderman as inspiration have 351 words, post on www.foxsports.com at December 6, 2014. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.