It’s a question Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby’s been asked repeatedly for more than two years, even though he, like the rest of us, does not yet know the answer. Will the lack of a conference championship game help or hurt his league in the College Football Playoff race?We’re about to find out.Mississippi State’s loss to Ole Miss over the weekend all but assured that Sunday’s inaugural four-team playoff field will consist solely of conference champions. In fact, Championship Weekend could not have worked out more ideally for the power-conference commissioners. The Pac-12 (Oregon-Arizona), SEC (Alabama-Missouri), ACC (Florida State-Georgia Tech) and Big Ten (Ohio State-Wisconsin) title games all carry playoff implications.While the Big 12 has no officially sanctioned event, it will stage two de facto title games within 90 miles of each other Saturday. At noon eastern, TCU hosts 2-9 Iowa State. Assuming they win, the Horned Frogs will enjoy sole possession of the conference championship … for about eight hours. Saturday night, Baylor hosts Kansas State in a winner-takes-all showdown for the other half of the league title. (Insert “One True Champion” jokes here.)All the while, the selection committee will be meeting just a short drive from the Big… Read full this story
- Big 12 commissioner: Spring football games 'very unlikely'
- Big 12 releases preseason all-conference team; one first-team RB was arrested for domestic violence, another has been MIA from Oklahoma’s summer workouts
- KU football picked 10th in preseason Big 12 media poll
- Carter Stanley ranked among Big 12 leaders in 'big-time throws'
- Baylor adds three years to Art Briles’ contract
- Coronavirus: Big difference between outbreaks in Melbourne and Sydney
- Save up to 85% on Assassin's Creed, Far Cry and more in Ubisoft's Forward sale
- The changing face of post-coronavirus Britain: Phone data shows only a handful of workers are commuting into UK's deserted big cities - while journeys to small towns are bouncing back
- Apex Legends Patch Notes: Lost Treasures Event, Big Character Buffs And Nerfs
- Charlotte-Tennessee moving forward with 2020 season opener
Forward Pass: Big 12 might be own worst enemy for Baylor and TCU have 326 words, post on www.foxsports.com at December 1, 2014. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.