Yamaha Motor Co has announced the launch in August of the Nozza Grande, a city scooter targeted at female riders in Vietnam. The Nozza Grande bears European styling and is powered by a new air-cooled, 125cc, fuel-injected engine claimed to deliver good acceleration, fuel economy (54 kilometres per litre), and environmental performance. Both the manufacture and sale of the model will be carried out by Yamaha Motor Vietnam Co, the Vietnamese branch of the Yamaha Motor Group. Like Vietnam, demand for scooters is fast growing in India. In fact, from 2009-10, which saw total sales of 1,462,534 scooters/scooterettes, sales have nearly doubled in 2013-14 to 2,923,424. Scooters are currently contributing substantially to Yamaha’s growth in India and thanks to growing sales of the 113cc Ray, the Ray Z and the Alpha, Yamaha Motor India currently has a market share of 6 percent. Scooters contribute about 45 percent to its total two-wheeler sales with bikes providing 55 percent but company officials says with the fast-growing demand for scooters in India, the equation is likely to become 50:50. With the 125cc scooter segment seeing much activity in India in recent times, what with the launch of the Honda Activa 125 and only… Read full this story
- Meet the TVS NTorq 125, India’s first ‘connected scooter’
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 28
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 25
- Forget Charging: Just Swap Your Gogoro Electric Scooter Battery
- Britain's Got Talent: The Champions FIRST look! Reformatted show will return in TWO weeks as explosive new trailer welcomes back a host of familiar faces
- Vietnam's refugees find second chance in Silicon Valley
- Mercedes-Benz India unveils new C-Class with BS VI diesel engine at Rs 40 lakh
- Galaxy Entertainment Group Introduces Galaxy International Convention Center and Galaxy Arena - Asia’s Ultimate Integrated Resort & MICE Destination in Macau
- British Vogue editor Edward Enninful says the criticism of Meghan Markle after she guest-edited an edition of the magazine was 'racist'
- MotoGP has a problem. Can 20-year-old Fabio Quartararo solve it?
Yamaha launches new 125cc Nozza Grande scooter in Vietnam have 317 words, post on www.autocarpro.in at July 23, 2014. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.