Bob Dylan, 1964 Photo: © Daniel Kramer. Photo: Daniel Kramer In August, a Bob Dylan album may well arrive in stores concrete and virtual. It may be called Shadows in the Night. It may have a song called “Full Moon & Empty Arms” on it; a stream of the tune was released without comment on his website a couple of months ago. Why Dylan chose to record a cover of an old Sinatra track isn’t clear; it may, or may not, be a clue that the purported album will consist of covers. Dylan has just finished shows in Japan, Eastern Europe, and Scandinavia; will head next to Australia and New Zealand; and may or may not be preparing for a swing through the U.S. in the fall. We think of Dylan in a pantheon of great rock stars, at or near the top of a select list that includes the Stones, Springsteen, maybe U2, but not too many other active artists. But he behaves much differently. He’s released more albums than Bruce Springsteen in the past 25 years and played more shows than Springsteen, the Stones, and U2 combined. Yet he hardly ever does interviews and does virtually nothing to… Read full this story
- The Honest Truth: Did Bob Dylan really deserve the Nobel Prize? The answer, my friend, is yes
- 'I'd say he's arrogant but I'd be lying': Swedes on Bob Dylan
- Q&A: Singer talks about what it is like to play rock legend Bob Dylan in new show
- Bob Dylan tribute show to come Rollin’ and Tumblin’ into town
- How will the Nobel Literature Prize pickers solve their Bob Dylan dilemma?
- Review: Trouble in Mind: Bob Dylan’s Gospel Years
- London Feis announces Bob Dylan, Van Morrison and The Cranberries will headline
- GIG GUIDE: Phil Beer's solo show, Bob Dylan Story
- When did Bob Mortimer meet Vic Reeves, who is his wife and what are his funniest Would I Lie To You stories?
- When did Bob Mortimer meet Vic Reeves, who’s his wife and what are his funniest Would I Lie To You stories?
How Did Bob Dylan Get So Weird? have 342 words, post on www.vulture.com at July 29, 2014. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.