U.S. President Barack Obama has called for national “soul searching” over gun violence and expressed his “frustration” over gun lobby not letting him push through a legislation to put a stop to rampant shooting sprees. “The country has to do some soul-searching about this. This is becoming the norm. And we take it for granted in ways that, as a parent, are terrifying to me. “I am prepared to work with anybody, including responsible sportsmen and gun owners, to craft some solutions. Also read: >Strange facts about violent death “But right now, it’s not even possible to get even the mildest restrictions through Congress. And we should be ashamed of that,” Mr. Obama said on Tuesday. “My biggest frustration so far is the fact that this society has not been willing to take some basic steps to keep guns out of the hands of, you know, people who, you know, can do just unbelievable damage,” he said. “The United States is the only developed country on Earth where this happens. And it happens now once a week. There’s no place else like this,” Mr. Obama said at the White House, hours after a gunman shot and killed a student at… Read full this story
- US Gun Control: 'Background Check System is Very Important'
- Even in gun country, Democrats shift towards gun control
- Facebook and Google need fewer controls, not more
- 'We need to soul-search'
- Food & Drink: Why baking is about soul searching and power as well as eating
- Leader comment: Dunblane gun-control campaign gives hope to US
- Soul-Searching After a Rabbi Was Detained in Israel
- Guns are now responsible for 75% of killings in America
- Gun Rights Activists Post 3D Gun Plans Online Amid Temporary Ban by US Court
- How One Man Got Rich Selling Machine Guns in America
Soul searching needed on gun control: Obama have 293 words, post on www.thehindu.com at June 11, 2014. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.