Websites afflicted by the Heartbleed security flaw are finding that it’s taking longer than anticipated to recover from the fallout. Heartbleed, which can expose people to hacking of their passwords and other sensitive information, sent companies rushing to patch their systems after the security flaw came to light last week. What some didn’t foresee was the time and cost needed to restore user data and fix interruptions caused by suppliers and partners. Team Snap Inc., like many other Internet companies vulnerable to Heartbleed, sought to plug the vulnerability with a software update and minor technical adjustments, yet soon discovered that wasn’t enough. Team Snap’s hosting company, which provides their Internet infrastructure, caused a breakdown when it applied its own fix and disrupted customer websites. That scenario illustrates the hidden costs faced by individuals and businesses as they seek to fix one of the biggest security threats in Internet history, said Michael Shaulov, chief executive officer and co-founder of Lacoon Security Ltd., a mobile-security company based in San Francisco. “Just take the salary of all the people in IT and security and divide it by one week — that’s probably for everyone, everyone across the board,” Shaulov said in a telephone…
- A good place to start fixing the BBC’s pay gap
- Electric Vehicle Fees Won't Fix CA's Transportation Funding Gap (Opinion)
- 7 Great Websites Poking Fun At Hipsters
- Euro zone bonds take a beating as trade, Brexit uncertainties clear
- Euro zone bonds take a hit as trade, Brexit uncertainties clear
- UPDATE 4-Euro zone bonds take a hit as trade, Brexit uncertainties clear
- Heartbleed bug: what do you actually need to do to stay secure?
- Unfortunately Google Play Service Has Stopped? Here’s How to Fix It
- Trump’s Afghanistan Policy? Talk Tough, Then Just Pull the Plug
- Silverstone Pulls the Plug on British Grand Prix in Row Over Money
Heartbleed fixes taking longer as websites plug gaps have 305 words, post on at April 14, 2014. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.