Delta will backfill two of the Cleveland routes United is discontinuing as part of its decision to drop its hub there. Frontier will pick up another of those routes.Those additions are a drop in the bucket, of course, compared to what Cleveland is losing overall as part of United’s cuts. But it’s at least something positive for an airport and city still reeling from United’s decision. Delta confirmed its plans to add nonstop service from Cleveland to both Indianapolis and Raleigh/Durham. Both of those markets are ones that United plans to drop as it downsizes its Cleveland operation.Delta’s service on both routes will begin June 5, with each to be operated by one of Delta’s regional partners. Delta’s Cleveland-Indianapolis route will be on 65-seat, two-class Bombardier CRJ-700s flown by Delta Connection affiliate ExpressJet. The Cleveland-Raleigh/Durham route will be flown by Delta affiliate Endeavor on single-class CRJ200 regional jets that seat 50.Delta spokesman Anthony Black acknowledged that changes in the market opened the door for Delta to grow in Cleveland.IN-DEPTH: With United hub’s exit, Hopkins is back on the radar of other airlines (Crain’s) MORE ON THE SUBJECT: As United shrinks Cleveland, other airlines start to move In (The Cranky Flier… Read full this story
- Routes: SFO to Dublin + BA at PDX, Delta to Daxing, Qantas, United CRJ550s, AA, Frontier
- What’s going on with Delta’s Comfort Plus?
- Delta's newest jet is set for West Coast routes [PHOTOS]
- Gas flaring continues scorching Niger Delta
- Desist from actions capable of causing division in Delta, Okowa warns political appointees
- Vivaldi Capital Management Expands its Services into Cleveland
- Ridealong: The bizarre resort town of Tower Unite
- See this: Delta's 777-200 overhaul is nice! (PHOTOS)
- Dong Thap leads Mekong Delta in sending workers abroad
- Global Warming Is Shrinking Glaciers Faster Than Thought
Delta, Frontier grow in Cleveland as United shrinks have 306 words, post on www.usatoday.com at February 20, 2014. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.