February 03, 2014 11:31 Disgraced ex-president Chun Doo-hwan’s son Jae-yong and his wife, actress Park Sang-ah, own a US$2.4-million home in Orange County, California, giving the lie to his claim that he is broke.The property was discovered by journalist Ahn Chi-yong, who analyzed real estate registration documents and other materials for the Chosun Ilbo’s premium website on Sunday.Prosecutors last month revised an arraignment of disgraced Chun Jae-yong and his uncle Lee Chang-seok, reducing the amount of taxes they allegedly evaded from W6 billion to W2.7 billion (US$1=W1,073). Prosecutors accepted Chun’s claim that he did not manipulate a real estate contract for the sale of a plot in Osan, south of Seoul to dodge W6 billion in taxes.Through his lawyer, Chun told the Seoul Central District Court last month that he was broke after paying part of the W220.5 billion fine his father still owes for corruption in office. But according to Ahn, Chun and Park bought and sold a home in Atlanta, Georgia in 2003 and purchased the lavish residence in Newport Beach, an affluent city in Orange Country, in 2005, taking out a $1.33 million loan to pay for it. At the time of the purchase, Park was married… Read full this story
- Cocktail chattables: In 2019, the big story in real estate was low inventory, nationally as well as in Denver
- BrickMark signs purchase agreement for the largest ever real estate transaction paid in tokens of a total volume of over CHF 130 million
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's real estate history
- Classic $5M Firestone Estate From 1927 Hopes to Rev Up a Buyer in Akron
- Salma Hayek, François-Henri Pinault Check Out of Bel Air Estate
- Who is Russia's new prime minister, Mikhail Mishustin?
- Mumford & Sons on playing with a "sense of abandon"
- British millionaire’s son avoids jail for hit-and-run killing of a mother in Spain, seven months after being cleared of kidnapping a woman from a Costa del Sol nightclub
- If Trump Is Reelected, Amazon Prime May Become a Worse Deal
- Ex-J&K minister’s son held for duping bank to buy homes abroad
Chun Doo-hwan's Son Owns Prime Real Estate in U.S. have 340 words, post on english.chosun.com at February 3, 2014. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.