Activities feature traditional Tet customs To open the day, a swing pole will be set up at 8.30am, followed by a raising ceremony for a tall decorated bamboo tree. Traditionally, Vietnamese families plant a bamboo pole in front of their homes adorned with bows, arrows, bells and gongs to chase away bad luck and welcome in the New Year. Next, a ceremony dedicated to the Kitchen God will be held to protect the family throughout the year. A demonstration of how to make traditional banh chung (square sticky rice cake) and a talk by cultural researcher Pham Xuan Nguyen on the theme Tet with Ha Tinh people will also be on the agenda. The day will also feature several traditional folk games as well as calligraphy writing, origami and folk painting. To register for the event, contact Roman at [email protected] Cellist Xuan releases music video Young cellist Dinh Hoai Xuan has released her latest music video, Song Ve Dau (Where the Wave Goes), featuring herself and pianist Vu Ngoc Linh, for music lovers. Produced by the Revolver Team comprising composer Luu Ha An and director Le Ha Nguyen, the music video was shot on a beautiful river bank in Tam…
- Florence to headline BBC's Biggest Weekend
- Best Minneapolis-St. Paul entertainment this weekend (and beyond)
- Best in Minneapolis-St. Paul entertainment for Memorial Day weekend and beyond
- Six acts to discover at Biggest Weekend
- Menomonee Falls High School, community rally around local teen fighting leukemia
- Kenya: Numbers That Don't Add Up of Roads Built Under Jubilee Leadership
- Do all funny, cute, famous cats come from Indiana? We think so.
- CMA Fest heats up June with star-studded free concerts
- Nunes collects big money in D.C. but barely any from back home
- Jodan Perry
Art & Entertainment Headlines January 24 have 287 words, post on at January 24, 2014. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.