Despite not being for sale in China, Battlefield 4 has been banned by the Chinese government. The ban extends beyond distributing copies of the game and other related downloads, news reports related to the game are banned, too. According to translations of the announcement, the government claim the game threatens national security and is a form of cultural invasion. The ban was issued by the Chinese Ministry of Culture following the release of the China Rising DLC. In it a rogue Chinese military leader, admiral Chang, tries to overthrow the government, along with help from the Russians. The US is brought in and fights against Russia, China, and the followers of Chang. According to Techie News, the ‘cultural invasion’ claim was first mentioned in state newspaper China Military. The ban won’t cause a great deal of hassle for EA as they are not selling Battlefield 4 in China. However, it does give the government more power to remove filesharing links to copies of the game. Let’s hope that the whole national security angle to the ban isn’t because China and Russia are genuinely plotting a clandestine cabal to take down the US and the Ministry of Culture didn’t want it… Read full this story
- Airline employee pleads guilty to working as agent for Chinese government
- Chinese Government Issues 2015 Foreign Investment Catalogue — Effective April 10, 2015
- Pompeo: Huawei an 'Instrument of the Chinese Government'
- Chinese Government ‘Disappears’ More than a Dozen Marxist Labor Activists
- Imports From Chinese Companies Owned And Controlled By Chinese Government Entities Now Likely Subject To Higher Dumping Duties
- Chinese Government Further Encourages, Regulates Multi-Site Practice by Physicians
- Chinese government doesn't get involved in Huawei's business
- BigLaw partners' emails were reportedly hacked by people tied to Chinese government
- Chinese government hackers stole sensitive U.S. Navy undersea warfare plans
- U.S. Department of Commerce Preliminarily Finds Chinese Solar Panel Manufacturers Received Subsidies from the Chinese Government
Battlefield 4 banned by Chinese government have 310 words, post on www.pcgamesn.com at December 28, 2013. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.