At an October 1 meeting with Chairman of the Belgian Chamber of Representative’s Defence Committee Filip De Man in Brussels, Khoa said Vietnam is keen to learn from Belgium’s experience in international security activities. Khoa informed his host of the challenges the Vietnamese army is facing in the protection of national territorial integrity. He also asked Belgium to support Vietnam’s stance on multilateral issues, especially those related to security and the East Sea. De Man briefed Khoa on the Belgian army’s operations and the role of the defence committee in building the force’s action programmes in foreign countries. At separate meetings with the Belgian Central Committee for Counter-terrorism and special units of the Ministry of the Interior, the Vietnamese delegation learnt about the organisation and deployment of fire-fighting and anti-terrorism forces in Belgium as well as in Europe. Belgium pledged further cooperation with Vietnam in public security and defence. Meeting with representatives from the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) earlier, the Vietnamese asked them to hold a defence and security dialogue with Vietnam.
- China, Vietnam should enhance cooperation with regional countries to curb COVID-19: Chinese premier
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh reviews action plan for coronavirus; army ready to provide hospitals and labs
- COVID-19 cases in Vietnam rise to 169
- Nestlé Vietnam introduces premium quality Vietnamese coffee to the world
- New US ambassador to Vietnam hits the ground running
- 5G to fuel smart manufacturing in Vietnam
- Proximus rolls out 5G in Belgium, cuts dividend
- US deploys Patriot air defence system to Iraq
- Syria air defences down Israeli missiles: state media
- French mother, Vietnamese doctor rebirth ties after 45 years
Vietnam, Belgium enhance defence ties have 268 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 15, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.