VietNamNet Bridge – More rains and tide rise have caused several flooding in many locations in the Mekong Delta such as Can Tho, An Giang, Vinh Long… Upstream water flow to An Giang and Dong Thap, flooding homes, roads and threatening about 300.000ha of rice. These two upstream provinces have been affected most severely. Some dikes protecting the fall-winter crop are being threatened. The authorities and residents are trying to reinforce the dikes. Mr. Vo Thanh, Director of the Hydrometeorological Center of An Giang Province said the flooding situation will last for several days. In Can Tho, the main roads in the districts of Ninh Kieu, Binh Thuy and Cai Rang are submerged in water from 20-40 cm deep. According to the Committee for Flood and Storm Control and Search and Rescue of Can Tho, tidal at this time (early September in lunar calendar) is high, exceeding the alarm level 3. Situated between the Tien and Hau rivers, Vinh Long City also suffers severe floods.
- All but one Mekong Delta province infected with African swine fever
- Mekong Delta advised to apply hi-tech in various fields
- HCMC, Mekong delta link to make breakthrough in tourism
- We’re in denial mode as the Mekong Delta goes under
- Mekong Delta calls for Japanese investment in tourism, agriculture
- Vietnam's Mekong Delta needs urgent measures to prevent drought, saline-intrusion
- HCM City, Mekong Delta to exploit tourism synergies
- Mekong Delta agriculture adapts to climate change
- Early saltwater intrusion threatens crisis in Mekong Delta … yet again
- Early saltwater intrusion threatens yet another Mekong Delta crisis
In pictures: Many Mekong Delta provinces submerged in floodwaters have 248 words, post on at October 10, 2013. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.