(Cinet)- World Tourism Day is on September 27th. It has been going since 1980 and has become one of the most important events of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) as well as many countries in the world including Vietnam. The World Tourism Day 2013 with the theme “Tourism and Water: Protecting our Common Future” aims to underline tourism´s responsibility and needed commitment to preserving the world´s vital water resources. This year’s World Tourism Day (WTD) theme focuses on tourism’s significant role and contribution to worldwide water conservation efforts. The theme is in line with the UN General Assembly’s declaration of 2013 as the United Nations International Year of Water Cooperation, providing the opportunity to further highlight the shared responsibility of the tourism sector to the wider sustainability objectives. As a trillion dollar economic sector, tourism is a powerful force capable of tackling this challenge by offering effective solutions geared towards a more sustainable water future. With over one billion people traveling internationally each year, tourism can also be an important vehicle of raising awareness and changing behaviors. UNWTO Secretary-General Taleb Rifai in his official WTD 2013 message said that “As one of the largest economic sectors in the… Read full this story
- Water is 'common' in the atmospheres of planets outside our solar system - but only in tiny amounts, scientists claim
- Record virus deaths in Spain as world hunkers down
- Advice on protective gear for NHS staff was rejected owing to cost
- Under coronavirus lockdown, Armageddon is like the end of the world
- The tourism sector will bounce back
- Breakingviews - Virus makes water shortages everyone’s problem
- The approaching crisis: Is the world running out of water?
- Coronavirus declared pandemic by World Health Organisation after 'alarming spread'
- Another COVID-19 Myth Busted: Expert Says No Proof Coronavirus Could Spread Through Water Pipes
- Bali's tourism-dependent economy is 'collapsing' due to coronavirus travel bans
World Tourism Day 2013: 'Tourism and Water: Protecting our Common Future' have 311 words, post on english.cinet.vn at September 26, 2013. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.