General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam Central Committee Nguyen Phu Trong (L) and French President Emannuel Macron (Source: VNA) The two sides debated regional and global issues, as well as the development in the Vietnam-France relationship, with the highlight being the celebrations for the 45th anniversary of diplomatic ties and five years of the strategic partnership in 2018. The two sides reaffirmed the central role played by the UN in maintaining peace and international security, and promoting prosperity and sustainable development as well as their respect for the UN Charter and commitment to respecting the independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity and political mechanisms of each other. They agreed to promote the development of a multi-polar world and multilateralism based on mutual respect, equality, fairness and cooperation in the spirit of mutual benefits. The two sides emphasised the importance to promote and protect human rights and basic liberties in line with the UN Charter, and international commitments that they have joined, for the development of each country. Vietnam and France repeated their respect for the objectives and principles UN agencies pursue, including UNESCO. The two sides asserted their commitment to facilitating liberalisation of trade and investment, and their respect for… Read full this story
- Young footballers’ lack of top-flight tournament play time worries Vietnam’s head coach
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 3
- EVFTA will broaden skies for aviation across Vietnam
- No Pakistani pilots work for Vietnam Airlines, Bamboo Airways
- Russian scholar lauds Vietnam’s role to seek solutions to regional issues
- Endangered animals found in Vietnam’s Central Highlands national park
- Decision on summer holidays will be taken TODAY: Boris Johnson expected to approve quarantine-free travel to France, Spain, Italy, Greece and Turkey from July 4 - but will Portugal be on the list?
- UK offers isolation exemption for arrivals from 59 countries, including Vietnam
- Vietnam undertakes Chairmanship of ASEAN Committee in Bern
- Vietnam sends message on 75th anniversary of UN Charter signing
Vietnam, France issue joint statement have 313 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at March 29, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.