The NFL players union has set up a system to provide safe rides for its members. The agreement with Uber Technologies allows players to use smartphone technology to connect to reliable drivers. In a statement released Wednesday, the union says the partnership “underscores the NFLPA’s ongoing commitment to ensuring its members have access to safe, discreet and professional transportation when they need it.” Beginning this month, NFL players will be able to summon a ride in any of Uber’s international locations, including nearly 17 NFL cities and Pro Bowl host Honolulu. Once a ride is requested via Uber’s smartphone app, a ride will arrive within minutes. Uber and the union will distribute personalized key chain cards containing ride credits to every active NFL player. “Certainly the issue of player safety and community safety continues to lead us to find new and better ways to keep our players safe and members of the community safe,” said NFL Players Association Executive Director DeMaurice Smith. “We’ve brought state-of-the-art technology and marketing in this effort to keep the players and the community safe. “In our world, we know discipline plays a part in changing behavior, but we really wanted to start this to look… Read full this story
- Hundreds set to ride in annual Tour Lafitte
- Nigerians Ask How Millions for Safe Schools Program is Being Spent
- St. Louis Company Offers Your Drunk Ass Free Rides Home on Cinco de Mayo
- San Diego did what Seattle didn’t: give people a safe place to sleep in cars
- A church wants to give homeless people safe parking at night – but neighbors aren’t happy
- Fullerton church wants to give homeless people safe parking at night – but neighbors aren’t happy
- New Hampshire syringe programs: 'Meeting people where they're at'
- Ride of Silence cycling event set
- Group bike ride planned for Bike to Work Day
- 16 hours charity ride around Doha for a noble cause
NFLPA sets up safe rides program have 313 words, post on www.foxsports.com at September 3, 2013. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.