Welcome to Cologne, Germany, the current hotbed for gaming news. The week kicks off with GDC Europe on Monday, Aug. 19 and melts right into one of the biggest gaming events of the year. No, not E3. Gamescom.The Gamescom campus is home to the world’s largest trade fair for video games and interactive entertainment. It’s a mix of both press and public — and it packs more than 275,000 attendees every year. With the next-generation of consoles right around the corner, the fifth annual convention will have no shortage of big announcements.For the next week, Polygon will be reporting on-site from both GDC Europe and Gamescom. We’ve put together a comprehensive guide on when to watch and what to expect. Even if you’re back home, there’s a lot to take in.Pre-show: GDC EuropeGDC Europe kicks off the festivities in Cologne from Aug. 19-21. The conference will include talks on tracks such as design, production, business and marketing, programming and visual arts.Plenty of game news is expected as well. Nintendo will discuss the Wii U and is expected to highlight the indie scene this year. Speaking of indies, the organizers behind Indie Megabooth are also expected to deliver a talk. Titles… Read full this story
- Coronavirus Travel Ban: Eurocrat Complains Europe Is Trump’s ‘Scapegoat’, Slams ‘Nationalism’
- Viktor Orbán's Election Win: Everything You Need to Know About Anti-Soros Hysteria and Authoritarianism in Hungary
- Here's everything YOU need to know about coronavirus from how to self-isolate to avoiding Covid-19 and protecting your elderly loved ones
- The race to save Polesia, Europe's secret Amazon
- Storm and drought: what Europe has to fear from climate change
- France debates smacking in runup to Council of Europe judgment
- ISIS opens a new front on Europe's doorstep: Chechan jihadi group with 'up to 15,000' fighters pledge allegiance to terror horde
- Fighting coronavirus, ECB to run to Europe's rescue
- Fighting virus, ECB to run to Europe's rescue. Again.
- 'People started to roll in like a wave': American tourists desperate to flee Europe descend on Barcelona airport amid chaos and confusion over Trump's travel ban
Gamescom and GDC Europe 2013: Everything you need to know have 346 words, post on www.polygon.com at August 19, 2013. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.