The top tight end for the Kansas City Chiefs a year agocurrently resides third on the depth chart, trailing a veterannewcomer and a rather unheralded draft pick.That alone is illustrative of a couple points.First, the Chiefs didn’t get a whole lot of production out ofthe position last year, when they fielded one of the worst offensesin the NFL. And second, new coach Andy Reid intends to get a wholelot more out of it this season, perhaps to take some of the loadoff his wide receivers.That’s why he refused to stand pat with Tony Moeaki thisoffseason, paying big money to lure free agent Anthony Fasano toKansas City and then spending a third-round draft pick on TravisKelce.All three are expected to contribute to the Chiefs’ revampedoffense beginning Friday night, when they open their preseasonschedule in New Orleans.”It’s a big group, a physical group and a group, I think, thatis really balanced for tight ends,” Chiefs quarterback Alex Smithsaid. ”I mean that as far as run and pass. A group that can reallyblock and hold their own but really some weapons in the pass gameas well.”That may prove more valuable than blocking in Reid’s modifiedWest Coast offense.Jamaal Charles is certain to get plenty… Read full this story
- Fantasy football Week 12 players to start and sit: Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins, Tom Brady
- Fantasy football Week 14 players to start and sit: Kirk Cousins, Josh Allen, Melvin Gordon III
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Mastercard - GOP angst in Georgia; confirmation fight looms
- The London film festival's big squeeze
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 4
- Why is Wike denying his Igbo roots?
- As repo rates remain unchanged, consider investing in a Bajaj Finance FD
- Xinhua Headlines: Int'l agencies, experts expect China to drive global growth in post-pandemic era
- Why the Right’s Principled Populists Will Lose
- Furious Dominic Raab accuses EU of 'disrespecting democracy' as UK teeters on brink of No Deal by SUNDAY after talks between PM and Ursula von der Leyen FAILED to break deadlock - as Brussels pushes button on contingency plans at summit TODAY
Chiefs banking on more production from tight ends have 347 words, post on www.foxsports.com at August 7, 2013. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.