Matt Garza pitched impressively. Then he spoke candidly. Late Monday night, after what might have been his final start for the Chicago Cubs, Garza confirmed reports that his representatives have spoken with the team about a contract extension. The chances for a long-term deal, Garza said, are “as real as a trade.” But he also acknowledged the possibility of a move before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline. “It’s in both our courts,” Garza said of his talks with the Cubs, following an 8-2 victory over the White Sox at US Cellular Field. “Obviously, they have more cards to hold. At the end of the day, it comes down to my decision on an extension. On a trade, it’s their decision. “I like being a Cub. I want to get this team to October and win it here. Like I said before, it’d be one hell of a party. But I’m just going to get ready for every five days. “It’s up in the air — 50/50.” The reality: The probability of a Garza trade remains high. He is set to become a free agent after this season. The Cubs’ rebuild has been frustrated by the new collective-bargaining agreement, and… Read full this story
- McIlroy is peaking at right time in bid to boost Major haul
- Djokovic: I'm peaking at the right time
- NASCAR America: Challenging the Big 3 – Chase Elliott is peaking at the right time
- Hull FC 8 Castleford Tigers 28: Tigers peaking at right time for the semi-finals
- Ronaldo to Juventus: Break-up comes at right time for Madrid
- Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus: Breakup comes at right time for Madrid
- Hammer Time: Scratch and Dent
- Climbkhana: Ken Block explains Pikes Peak assault in latest Gymkhana video
- Hammer Time: Sell!
- Hammer Time: Of Man And Minivan
Garza’s value peaking at right time have 288 words, post on www.foxsports.com at July 7, 2013. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.