The White House unintentionally is proving to be the best thing to happen to gun sales in decades.In late April, Sturm Ruger (RGR) reported first-quarter results that exceeded targets. Net sales for the largest publicly traded gun manufacturer surged 39% to $155.9 million, compared to $112.3 million a year earlier. NRA: Post-Newtown, NRA membership soaringThe gun maker’s earnings came in at $1.20 per share, up from 79 cents per share in the same period last year. Analysts on Wall Street were expecting earnings of $1.01 per share with revenue of $112.3 million, according to Thomson Reuters.New products, such as LC380 and SR45 pistols, boosted sales, but the company said the recent gun control debate is the main driver of rising sales.During the first quarter of 2013, background checks through the National Instant Criminal System, considered a proxy for retail gun demand, jumped 46%, according to Sturm Ruger. MORE: USA TODAY’s coverage of gunfight in AmericaGun maker Smith & Wesson (SWHC) says background checks in February, while down from a month earlier, were 29.1% higher than the same month in 2011.Gun sales typically receive a boost when a Democrat inhabits the White House, but firearms and ammo sales have surged to… Read full this story
- Joe Biden’s Gun Proposals Include One-Firearm-per-Month Purchase Limit
- James O’Keefe: Mark Kelly ‘Deceives AZ Voters’ on Gun Control Intentions
- Guns Sales Break Records With Gun Control Legislation Likely If Democrats Win
- Coronavirus, Anti-Racist Protests Lead to Surging Gun Sales in the U.S.
- Factbox: Mass shootings in U.S. ignite new calls for gun legislation
- Gun Sales Are Surging Among First-Time Owners Amid the Pandemic — Here's Why
- Mayor Lightfoot Blames Gun Friendly States for Chicago’s Bloodshed
- Individual Gun Ownership Is Not at Stake in This Election | Opinion
- President Trump Says Obama Did A 'Poor Job' Stopping Gun Violence
- Walmart Removes All Guns in Anticipation of Post-Election Civil Unrest
Obama's gun control efforts boost firearm sales have 302 words, post on www.usatoday.com at May 5, 2013. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.