They also need to clarify the reasons foreign partners chose to order their goods from Vietnam. The remarks were made by experts at a recent workshop in Ho Chi Minh City on the competitiveness of the Vietnamese garment industry, held jointly by the Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) and the Centre for the Promotion of Imports from developing countries (CBI) under the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs. China remains the largest garment exporter to the EU while Vietnam is only number ten. However, EU businesses are now looking for other suppliers besides China, they said. Therefore, Vietnam must grasp this favorable opportunity and show its strength in order to gain a better place on the list of suppliers chosen by the EU. Some experts said the country has proven its ability to ship and deliver a wide range of products in a timely manner. The validity of a future Vietnam-EU Free Trade Agreement (FTA) is another advantage for the garment sector to boost exports to the market. Dhyana Van Der Pols, CBI senior expert, advised Vietnamese businesses to focus on a specific market and work out appropriate export strategies for their goods.
- Newcastle entrepreneurs launch new cola drink to tap into 'craft soda' market
- Fast growing firm moves HQ in bid to tap into workforce
- Business Breakfast LIVE: KPMG fined £3m over Ted Baker audit conflict
- The rise growing scourge of cryptojacking and how business can protect itself
- Entry deadline extended for 2018 Hull Daily Mail Business Awards
- Business Breakfast LIVE: Northumberland whisky distillery and visitor centre plans revealed
- Energy firm's commitment to Grimsby 'shows port's potential'
- Rich Asians Give Deutsche Bank Crazy Growth Potential
- Business Breakfast LIVE: House of Fraser rescue deal boost as it settles challenge from landlords
- Nottingham Post Women in Business Awards 2018 is launched
Garment business potential not yet fully tapped have 290 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 14, 2017. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.