By MARIO IMPEMBAFOX Sports Detroit I’ve always felt that we should do all we can to support our military, both at home and abroad.So when Greg Hammaren, the general manager of FOX Sports Detroit, asked me if I would like to represent our region on a trip to Germany, bringing “Spring Training to the Troops,” I jumped at the opportunity.This past week, I joined major leaguers Heath Bell and Luke Gregerson, along with Rollie Fingers, Tim Salmon, Bob Brenly, Wade Boggs, David Justice and other representatives on a trip to the U.S. Army Garrison in Grafenwoehr, Germany. The mission was to spend some time with our troops and bring baseball to them. It was an opportunity of a lifetime and the experience did not disappoint.Despite some travel difficulties that forced us to arrive a bit late, we jumped right into the activities on Tuesday.Day 1 featured a baseball clinic for kids of military families that live on the base. Learning the game from current and former Major League players was a dream come true for many of the kids. I’m sure being a military child can be difficult, with all of the constant moving and having one or both parents… Read full this story
- India-China LAC talks 'positive', consensus on early disengagement, says Army
- Does lockdown really need to get tougher? Covid cases may have FINALLY started to level off because of third blanket shutdown
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 12
- McMillin: The Space Force isn’t the U.S. military’s first space program. Let’s hope this one sticks around.
- “The Magic Stick” - first-ever combination of circus and traditional music
- The Oath Keeper Who Wants to Arm Black Lives Matter
- America’s Longest War Takes a Deadly New Turn
- US to review Afghan peace deal with Taliban
Bringing spring training to the troops have 298 words, post on www.foxsports.com at February 10, 2013. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.