Google Maps’ mobile app is losing market share to local competition in China, according to Tech In Asia.Statistics from the third quarter show that Google Maps has lost almost half its market share since the second quarter — from 17.5 percent to 9.5 percent — and fell to No. 6 from No. 2 among mobile map apps.Tech In Asia ticks off a few possible reasons for the decline:Myriad competitors that have cluttered the market, such as Baidu Map, Mapbar, Tiger Maps and Sogou Maps.Android is extremely popular in China, but it doesn’t always come installed with Google Maps.Because the online version of Google Maps is partially blocked in China, people may be under the impression the product is not good.Heeding complaints from entertainment groups, the UK will review Google’s promise to adjust its algorithm so as to downgrade illegal file-sharing sites in search results.According to The Guardian, UK culture secretary Jeremy Hunt warned a year ago that the country would enact new laws to demote illegal file-sharers if Google didn’t act on its own. Google said it would indeed act, pledging in August to boot repeat offenders from the top of its results.Authorities might go ahead with legislation anyway, according… Read full this story
- How To Set Up And Use Local Google Search
- Aerial Maps - Explore the World Like Never Before!
- Taking the Time to Google "Google"
- The China Supplier Transformation and the Effect on Sourcing From China
- A New Eurasian Trade Zone, Essential Rail Links From China
- Cycling Tours in China
- Mainstream Western Media Stages "Blemishing China Marathon"
- Andrew Yang and Donald Trump get more support than Joe Biden from Big Tech workers
- Pixel 4 and 4 XL hands-on: Google ditches fingerprint scanner for face unlock
- Don't Get Trapped Thinking All the SEO You Need is the Non-Tech Easy Organic SEO Based on Content
TECH TREK Google Maps Loses Its Way in China have 303 words, post on www.crmbuyer.com at November 6, 2012. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.