Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh met with UK Minister of State for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Jeremy Browne, in Hanoi, on July 5. During the meeting, both noted the growth of bilateral relations as part of the Strategic Partnership Agreement. They pledged to further boost cooperation in the economy, trade and investment with a target of bilateral turnover and UK FDI to Vietnam to reach 4 billion USD and 3 billion USD by 2013, respectively. In order to further enhance their bilateral strategic partnership, the two sides agreed to mark the 40 years of their diplomatic relations in 2013 with appropriate celebrations. In this context, Minh reiterated Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung’s invitation to Prime Minister David Cameron to make an official visit to Vietnam in 2013. The UK will consider supporting Vietnam’s candidacy for membership in the UN Human Rights Council from 2014-2016 and will continue to cooperate further with the country on the subject. The UK also underlined its commitment to support Vietnam in good governance, education, and in the fight against corruption. Earlier on July 5, Mr. Browne and Deputy Foreign Minister Nguyen Thanh Son conducted the 2nd UK-Vietnam Strategic Dialogue in Hanoi as part of… Read full this story
- Whoever be Germany's Chancellor, will have close relations with India, says German ambassador
- UK-China tensions: UK accused of ‘harbouring evil intentions’ after sailing Taiwan Strait
- 'Keep crying EU!' Britons furiously hit back after Dutch trucker mocks UK fuel crisis
- UK vows to boot out EU rule-breakers remaining illegally 'will enforce departure'
- Bizarre 'devil's fingers' fungus that smells like rotting meat found in the UK
- UK accused of making France ‘Brexit scapegoat’ by ex-envoy - 'doomed for disaster'
- Twin tornado chaos as brutal storms ravage UK – horror pictures show trail of destruction
- James Bond UK locations: Britons can visit for much less than the 598k Bond budget
- UK weather forecast: Winds from Hurricane Sam to batter Britain after torrential rain hell
- ‘Supermarket shelves will be emptier!’ UK to face turkey shortages this Christmas
Bilateral relations grow with UK have 323 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 6, 2012. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.