On Thursday, conservative columnist Michelle Malkin appeared on Fox & Friends to weigh in on the scandal surrounding Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng, who was hiding in the U.S. embassy in China, seeking extradition. Guangcheng was recently released back to Chinese custody after reports surfaced that Chinese officials were making threats against his family and friends. Malkin said that the Obama administration’s State Department is close to looking like “Chinese government propagandists at this point” and the scandal is “blowing up.” Malkin said that the scandal surrounding the dissident came to light via social media networks like Twitter and has become an “embarrassment” for the Obama administration. Malkin said that the State Department and America’s ambassador to China have been insisting that Guangcheng left the U.S. embassy in Beijing of his own free will, but that is contradicted by sources in China close to Guangcheng. Malkin said that he “left under pressure” and “this is not free will and I think the administration should stop saying it.”“Look, I think the whole world is watching,” said Malkin. “This is a moment when the human rights rhetoric of the administration meets the road. Does President Obama deserve that Nobel Peace Prize or not?… Read full this story
- What will Prince Harry and Meghan’s life in Canada look like?
- Chinese dissident: US official said wife would be killed
- Hong Kong protests: Australia issues travel alert as China warns of worst crisis since 1997
- Hopes for Brexit deal grow with 'major step' on Irish border issue
- Chinese President Xi Jinping has warned the world to take China’s new mystery virus seriously
- AP Explains: The Justice Department's new quarrel with Apple
- Shutdown war rages on as Donald Trump shows rare sign of surrender over State of the Union
- This is why Facebook, and not its CEO, needs to learn Chinese better
- Section of State officers works in fear because of back-seat driving by saffron groups: Kumaraswamy
- SF looks to relax sanctuary law in case of a rideshare driver accused of rape
Michelle Malkin: State Department Looks Like ‘Chinese Government Propagandists’ Over Dissident Issue have 334 words, post on www.mediaite.com at May 3, 2012. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.