Google on Tuesday introduced cloud storage service “Google Drive,” one of the most important products the tech giant is expected to launch this year. According to Google’s official blog, starting Tuesday, users will be able to synchronize their files such as documents, photos, videos and songs across computing devices installed with Google Drive. Since the files are stored in Internet servers, dubbed as ” cloud,” users will be able to access files anytime, anywhere through a web-connected computing device via their Google accounts. The service is now available for PC, Mac as well as Android smartphones and tablets. But the version for Apple’s iOS devices will come later. Google offers first five gigabytes of storage per account for free and users can choose upgrades from 25 gigabytes for 2.49 U.S. dollars per month to one terabyte a month for 49.99 dollars. In the blog post, Sundar Pichai, the company’s senior vice president, said Google Drive can stand from the already established cloud services for working seamlessly with users’ overall Google experience, such as Google Docs, Google+, search and Gmail. For instance, users can attach photos from Google Drive to their Google+ social network and attach files directly to emails in…
- Google smart speakers now let parents who can't get home before their children go to sleep to record themselves reading a bedtime story
- AT&T and Microsoft announce early result of their 5G-cloud partnership
- Google Music vs Amazon MP3 vs iTunes: Which Online Music Store is the Best for You?
- Android Things 1.0: Google aims to revive its IoT platform
- For Post-Snowden Cloud Startups, Privacy Is A Hard Sell
- Mozilla launches its free, encrypted file-sharing service, Firefox Send
- Huawei launches AI-backed cloud service in Brazil
- Cloud video collaboration platform Frame.io raises $50 million, heads to Hollywood
- Ola moves financial unit out of parent ANI Technologies
- Google Chrome vs. Microsoft Windows: Browser Battle Escalates to OS War
Google launches cloud service "Google Drive" have 307 words, post on at April 26, 2012. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.