The Vietnam Football Federation has fired German coach FalkoGotz after the country’s Under-23 team’s dismal performance at therecent Southeast Asian Games in Indonesia.Gotz told a news conference in Hanoi he was surprised to see histwo-year contract terminated early. He has been in the job forseven months.Vietnam was defeated by host Indonesia in the semifinal of theSEA Games and suffered a humiliated 4-1 loss to Myanmar in thebronze medal match in late November.Gotz defended his players saying they had done their best forthe country.Much of Gotz’s long playing career was spent with BayerLeverkusen and Koln before he moved into coaching.
- Sammer, Bierhoff stand by under-fire Bayern midfielder Gotze
- Bendtner leads Wolfsburg over Bayern Munich on penalties in German Super Cup clash
- Germany dash Scotland’s hopes with Euro 2016 win
- Bayern thrash Dinamo Zagreb thanks to ruthless Lewandowski
- Bayern stay perfect in Champions League, edge CSKA Moscow
- Bayern steamroll Shakhtar Donetsk to reach Champions League quarters
- Bayern Munich swipes Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal, again
- Germany defeat Argentina in extra-time, claim World Cup title
- Republic of Ireland stun Germany with late stoppage-time equalizer
- Germany draws 2-2 with Ghana at World Cup
Vietnam fires German Falko Gotz have 186 words, post on www.foxsports.com at January 5, 2012. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.