The last time I saw Ravel Morrison he was in the dock at Salford magistrates’ court, fiddling with his tie and waiting to hear whether he was going to be locked up. An argument with his girlfriend had got out of hand, her phone had been smashed and he had ended up back in court a few months after being told the next time he was in trouble he would be going to Strangeways. Nobody from Manchester United was with him that day and it struck me as strange given the way the club usually operate. Sir Alex Ferguson might ordinarily have been expected to make an appearance, or at least send in a character reference. But Morrison was alone, bar his solicitor. He was already on a referral order after pleading guilty to witness intimidation and the district judge had told him she would personally see to it that he went down if he re-offended. Instead, Morrison walked free, and straight back into the muddled life that has now brought us to the point, with jarring inevitability, when Ferguson has decided enough is enough and it is time to wash his hands of him. At United they will tell… Read full this story
- Ex-Man Utd star Ravel Morrison hits back at Wilfried Zaha over ‘Ronaldinho’ showboating row and insists he is ‘baffled’
- Why Mason Greenwood has what it takes to survive the Manchester United hype machine
- Player ratings: Manchester City – Manchester United
- Adios Tiki-taka, Spain struggles to cope with the new game
- Wayne Rooney reveals he is ready to retire aged 35 if Derby offer him manager job amid Championship struggles
- Amy Willerton looks radiant in a white bra and matching shorts as she admits she 'struggles' about which parts of herself to show the world
- Police violence in Latin America 'out of control'
- Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Upamecano update, Sancho and Grealish LATEST, Solskjaer future EXCLUSIVE
- Five players Man Utd could sign with ‘huge transfer warchest’ including Erling Haaland, Jadon Sancho and Sergio Ramos
- Football: Martinelli stars for Arsenal in Europa League as Man Utd toil
Ravel Morrison is the teenager Manchester United struggle to control have 340 words, post on www.theguardian.com at January 22, 2012. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.