Yes, it’s time for my preseason predictions — the time when many of you write in angrily accusing me of hating your team (or jinxing it by praising it too much), and when I giggle quietly to myself at the lather many of you have worked yourself into. If there’s one thing I know about predictions, it’s this: they aren’t any guarantees what the standings will look at season’s end. Rather, they’re about the expectations hockey people (at least the ones I’ve spoken with) have for each organization. Said expectations can be met, fallen short of or surpassed, which is why they play the games. But for now, here’s my sense of how the 2011-12 campaign will shake out in the Western Conference. 1. Vancouver After coming within a win of the Stanley Cup last year, the Canucks have more than six months to daydream about getting back to mid-April and fighting through four teams again. Will Roberto Luongo dig a tunnel from his house to Rogers Arena to avoid dealing with the fan/media fishbowl? Can the blueline survive the loss of minute-muncher Christian Ehrhoff? Will the Sedins learn ventriloquism and make screwy speeches on each other’s behalf to mess… Read full this story
- NHL experts: Bold predictions, breakout and trade candidates, bounceback teams, more
- NHL experts: Bold predictions, breakout and trade candidates, bounce-back teams, more
- Closer links to EU will help fight extremism in the Western Balkans, experts
- St. Louis plays Toronto for non-conference showdown
- Albanian Telegraphic Agency: ATA-Tanjug – International conference “Serbs and Albanians –..
- Philip Hammond predicts ‘deal dividend’ boost for economy
- Nostradamus 2019 prediction: Donald Trump ASSASSINATION, War and Hard Brexit
- Kremlin "pleased" with Helsinki summit, US, Western intelligence assesses
- Good news for GAA fans and EP revellers as Met Éireann predicts high temperatures for weekend
- Western Balkans: Dateless accession perspective
NHL predictions: Western Conference have 302 words, post on www.foxsports.com at September 26, 2011. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.