Captain America: The First Avenger won’t hit theaters until later this week, but for whatever reason, the film seems to have great buzz surrounding it. The reviews aren’t even out yet (with a few exceptions), but unlike some other superhero films that were doomed form the start because they looked awful <cough>Green Lantern<cough>, there seems to be some genuine excitement for Cap. It may not do Harry Potter numbers—ok, it almost certainly won’t do Harry Potter numbers–but the buzz has been strong enough, and Marvel has been on a roll lately, so it isn’t a huge surprise to hear the film’s director Joe Johnston discuss the possibility of a sequel.When Chris Evans was originally cast as Cap, the contract called for a nine-picture deal, which would include The Avengers films, cameos in other Marvel films and sequels to Captain America. A nine-picture deal is a massive commitment, especially for an actor that would have a lead role in as many as six of the nine films, and it became a negotiating stumbling block. Samuel L. Jackson signed a nine-picture deal to appear as Nick Fury, but most of those were cameo roles, and he has already appeared in three films… Read full this story
- Did you know that Vision betrayed Iron Man in alternate 'Captain America: Civil War' climax scene?
- Captain America shortlist emerges
- Captain America to shoot in June
- Captain America finds his love interest
- Captain America super-suit details revealed
- When Trump became Thanos: meet the filmmaker behind ‘America: Endgame’
- Biden Discusses 'Shared Sacrifices' in Pre-Thanksgiving Day Message
- Netflix Commits Largest Budget So Far For ‘The Gray Man’; Ryan Gosling, Chris Evans Star, AGBO’S Joe & Anthony Russo Direct Mano A Mano Espionage Thriller
- Biden Discusses ‘Shared Sacrifices’ as Coronavirus Looms Over Thanksgiving
- Joe Biden to announce Cabinet on Tuesday
Director Joe Johnston discusses Captain America 2 have 308 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at July 20, 2011. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.