Photo: Wikimedia Commons It happens every single year.A handful of the most famous tennis players in the world get eliminated in the early stages of Wimbledon – and we’re left to figure out who the heck the remaining players are. Luckily, we’re here to help. Here are seven of the eight women’s tennis players left in this year’s draw at Wimbledon that you may not have heard of. Each of these athletes are at least under the age of 26, but a few of them have found their way into the world top 10 rankings. Tamira Paszek’s mighty serve should get your attention From: Dornbim, Austria Age: 20 World Ranking: 80 Bio: Paszek has been playing tennis ever since she was a toddler growing up in Austria. She has a strong serve and solid forehand that can give opposing players fits. Sabine Lisicki has rebounded from numerous injuries to become a top player From: Troisdorf, Germany Age: 21 World Ranking: 62 Bio: Sabine has found her form ever since missing most of 2010 with multiple injuries. She’s back in the world’s top 100 thanks in part to her strong, although sometimes inconsistent, serve. Tsvetana Pironkova is no slouch on grass… Read full this story
- A passenger is missing from a cruise ship. He’s the fourth in the last month.
- Serena Williams comfortably beats Bouchard to move into third round
- ‘It was a really intense match’: Serena Williams ousts No. 1 Simona Halep at Australian Open
- Here are five South Florida heroes who served combat tours
- How five pals turned ‘Sex Island’ into a raunchy tourism empire for the rich
- How five friends turned 'Sex Island' into a tourism empire for the rich
- Calendar Listings: November 15 – November 22
- San Pedro Elks Lodge closes in on reopening after 2014 fire
- BC-AP Sportlight,ADV01
- Fifteen Randomly Generated Seniors
Meet The New Powers Of Women's Tennis have 297 words, post on www.businessinsider.com.au at June 29, 2011. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.