VietNamNet Bridge – Not only eating vegetarian food on the Vesak Day or Buddha’s birthday (May 16), many people in HCM City decide to take vegetarian in the entire fourth lunar month to wish for peace. Vesak Day celebrated nationwide According to the owner of Thuyen Vien vegetarian restaurant in the Binh Thanh district, the number of customers has increased since the early of the fourth lunar month. Mrs. Hue’s family in Go Vap district are Buddhist followers. They often take vegetarian food on the fifteenth day and the last day of lunar months. However, in the month of Vesak Day (the fourth lunar month), they decided to take vegetarian food for the whole month to clean up their mistakes in life and wish for peace. Hue said she was busy so she often bought vegetarian food from vegetarian restaurants. Three garment workers – Yen, Thuy and Hoa – also said that they eat vegetarian food in the fourth lunar month to wish for peace. They chose Giac Duc vegetarian restaurant in District 3. Not only common vegetarian restaurants, but also luxurious ones have many customers this month. “My restaurant was the most crowded at noon May 16 (Vesak Day)….
- Holy khao! The battle for the future of Bangkok street food
- How To Limit Acidic Foods In Your Diet?
- FIR actress Kavita Kaushik wishes husband Ronnit Biswas on their second anniversary; shares unseen wedding pictures
- 10 of the best yoga holidays in UK and Europe
- Winter weekenders: 15 picturesque UK towns for a pre-Christmas break
- When India meets China
- Happy Birthday Arjun Kapoor: His Inspiring Weight Loss Journey Revealed
- Vietnamese citizens in Mozambique celebrate Buddha’s 2563rd birthday
- Holiday guide to lesser-known Thailand
- Australian teenager walks free from Bali jail ‘sorry’ for assault
Saigonese take vegetarian food to wish for peace have 280 words, post on at May 22, 2011. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.