When Frank McCourt bought the Los Angeles Dodgers in 2004 withhis then-wife Jamie at his side, he promised to restore a treasuredfranchise that hadn’t made the playoffs in seven years andhemorrhaged tens of millions of dollars under its previousowner.Indeed, the team has gone to the postseason four out of the pastseven years. Yet the team’s financial woes have worsened so badlythat Major League Baseball has appointed a monitor to oversee theDodgers, and Jamie McCourt has asked judge presiding over thecouple’s divorce trial to order the sale of the team. That doesn’teven factor in a lawsuit filed by the family of a San FranciscoGiants fan who was badly beaten on opening day in a Dodger Stadiumparking lot.Next Tuesday, Frank McCourt hits an important deadline – makingDodger payroll. If McCourt can’t come up with the money – he neededa $30 million loan from current television partner Fox to cover hisbills earlier this year – MLB Commissioner Bud Selig could takeover the team and put it up for sale.”This is by far the darkest chapter in Dodger history theselast couple of years,” said William McNeil, who wrote ”TheDodgers Encyclopedia” and ”Miracle in Chavez Ravine.” ”It’s theonly period where the fans don’t have a… Read full this story
- Letters: Readers have the answers, even if Dodgers didn’t
- What is the Blue Whale suicide game and how many deaths are linked to the challenge?
- 67 year old Abuja woman reveals Herbal treatment that reverses type 2 Diabetes, keeps blood sugar normal and also saved her from Amputations!
- Celebrity deaths in 2017: Famous faces gone too soon from Sir Bruce Forsyth to Gogglebox's Leon Bernicoff
- Green Room
- Why you aren't getting enough sleep and how you can stop yourself lying awake at night
- Duke vs. Kansas: Live stream, watch online, TV channel, streaming, time, odds, prediction, pick
- Top 50 MLB free agents, ranked: Anthony Rendon, Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg among big names on market
- The Sports Report: Forget sports, what if it’s Halloween and you’re allergic to chocolate?
- Ice-T revists his O.G. roots in the documentary
Dodger blue bloods: McCourts’ lifestyle hurt team have 339 words, post on www.foxsports.com at May 27, 2011. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.