WEDNESDAY 16 FILM: Milos Silber’s “Jubanos: The Jews of Cuba,” the story of 1,500 Jews struggling to keep their faith on the Communist island, screens with “The Fig Tree,” a short from Spain, at The JCC, 334 Amsterdam Ave. at 76th St., part of the 15th annual NY Sephardic Jewish Film Festival, 7:30 p.m., $10-$12. FILM: Fabián Bielinsky 2000 movie, “Nueve Reinas” (“Nine Queens”), an exploration of the lives of swindlers and con artists and starring Ricardo Darín (“The Secret in Their Eyes”) screens at Instituto Cervantes, 211-215 E. 49th St., 6 p.m. Free. FILM: Georges Gachot’s “Maria Bethania: Music is Perfume,” a 2005 documentary about the famous Brazilian singer narrated by herself screens at 92YTribeca, 200 Hudson St., 7 p.m., $12. THURSDAY 17 JAZZ: New York-based Brazilian drummer Duduka da Fonseca marks his 60th birthday with four days of performances at the Jazz Standard, 116 E. 27th St., starting tonight with Trio Da Paz, the group he has co-led for nearly two decades, and guests pianist Kenny Barron and clarinetist/saxophonist Anat Cohen, 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. shows, $25. Continues Friday and Saturday with the Duduka Da Fonseca Quintet and Sunday with the Trio Da Paz again. FRIDAY 18… Read full this story
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Thursday, March 16
- Another Stanley Cup Game 7 Looms. They Don’t Happen Often.
- A Stanley Cup Game 7 Looms. They Don’t Happen Often.
- Coming To And Leaving Netflix In March 2017
- Hottest tech events for March: IT Roadmap, VoiceCon, VON.x, BrainShare
- Salted Hash Rehashed: The weekly news recap for July 22, 2016
- TOKYO EDGE - March's coolest gadgets
- Odell Beckham Jr. felt 'disrespected' by the New York Giants
- 2013: The Year Of The Latino Entrepreneur
- Jennifer Lopez And Verizon Opened Viva Movil Wireless Stores For Latinos
Latino happenings in Nueva York, March 16-22 have 284 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at March 16, 2011. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.