With most tech bellwethers having reported financial results, the earnings season is coming to a close, but BMC, NetSuite, AOL and IAC results this week offered insights into aspects of business IT and the Internet sector. In addition, comScore Friday had good news for e-commerce, reporting that 2010 fourth-quarter online retail sales estimates reached a record US$43.4 billion, an increase of 11 percent compared to the year-earlier figure. The growth was the fifth consecutive quarter of year-over-year increases, comScore said. Market growth in the tech sector recently has been ascribed mainly to strong sales for business IT vendors, but the comScore figures come as a vote of confidence in the consumer retail arena.”Retail e-commerce had a strong fourth quarter, growing 11 percent versus last year as holiday season spending was bolstered by an improving sentiment among some consumer segments and by retailers’ discounting and promotions,” said comScore Chairman Gian Fulgoni in a statement.During the week, vendors of corporate software reported strong sales, echoing results from their larger counterparts earlier in the season.Business service and automation software maker BMC Wednesday reported that revenue for the quarter ending Dec. 31 was $540 million, a record and up 6 percent from the year… Read full this story
- Go read this Wall Street Journal report on Amazon’s obsession with cloning and crushing its rivals
- Internet gains vs Wall Street innovations
- Are Tesla’s shares worth $90 or $780? Wall Street can’t decide
- Japan shares rise on Wall Street gains; Apple suppliers shine
- The biggest e-commerce business you’ve never heard of is from S.F. and worth $17 billion
- Biden's post-election stock market bump is easily beating Trump's
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 18
- Facebook enters e-commerce due to COVID-19-induced plunge in revenue?
- Facebook feuds with Apple over privacy changes that threaten its advertising business
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 25
Wall Street Beat: Business Software, E-Commerce Shine have 294 words, post on www.cio.com at February 4, 2011. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.