Nearly nine months after its release, the Red Dead Redemption money train keeps on rolling. Today, Rockstar Games parent Take-Two Interactive revealed the Western action adventure has shipped 8 million units to date, just under half of Grand Theft Auto: IV’s total haul as of last June. The game’s zombie expansion, Undead Nightmare, was also named as one of the publisher’s biggest hits during its October-December quarter. Take-Two also reported its earnings for the aforementioned quarter. The company took in $334.3 million in net revenue, down 7 percent from the $360.4 million during the same period the year prior. Profits were $40.8 million, essentially flat from the $39.4 million in profits from the same quarter the year before. That said, the bigger picture proved much rosier. For the nine months ending December 31, Take-Two’s net revenue increased 80 percent to $954.6 million. Income during the period went from a $98.4 million loss to a $76.2 million profit year-over-year, thanks again in large part to Red Dead Redemption. Other major hits for the period included the quadruple platinum NBA 2K11, Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete, Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition, and Sid Meier’s Civilization V. Looking ahead, Take-Two predicts it… Read full this story
- Curbside Classics: 1971 Small Cars Comparison: Number 1 and GM Deadly Sin #2 — Chevrolet Vega
- Return to dead lake - on Donald Campbell's trail in a Range Rover Sport: CAR+ archive, February 2014
- Ranking the 50 best MLB free agents for the 2018-2019 offseason
- Generation Cryo: Fighting Death in the Frozen Unknown
- Best Player Every Team Could Add in NBA Free Agency
- 1 Trade Idea for Every NBA Team Post-Free Agency
- The 1 Player from Every NBA Team Under the Most Pressure
- D.C. United finally got a new stadium, but did it sell its soul in the process?
- Braves trade deadline: Breaking down potential fits, needs, best targets, trade chips
- Pills that kill: why are thousands dying from fentanyl abuse?
Red Dead Redemption ships 8 million, Take-Two profits flat, Max Payne 3 MIA have 306 words, post on www.gamespot.com at February 8, 2011. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.