It may be too late to worry about how 2010 impacted us all, but it is not too late to think about how it will shape events this year. In some respects, 2010 was not a year that changed any one course dramatically. Most of 2010 was built around some familiar themes: consolidation, M&A, emerging technologies, market maturity, etc. In other words, 2010 was a case of old wine in a new bottle.The technology industry and the market place exhibited characteristics that everyone is generally familiar with that are indicative of an economy that seems to be thawing. So what that means for IT “consumers” is that as 2011 kicks into full gear, they should not attempt to teach old dogs new tricks. With this theme in mind, let us look at some areas that 2010 illuminated.I have always maintained that the IT industry will continue to grow by consolidation. Nowhere was this more prominent than in the storage industry. As has been the case all along, the bigger fish in the ocean started swallowing the smaller fish. The likes of IBM, EMC, HP and even Dell acquired smaller — but well-established — players in an attempt to reenergize their… Read full this story
- Is Modi afraid of expert advice?
- Gov. Hogan: Trump’s ‘Biggest’ Mistake Was Not Following Experts’ Advice Throughout Pandemic
- The ultimate guide to parenting: Child psychology experts reveal how to solve the most common issues that all parents face - from finding porn on a kid's phone to dealing with underage drinking
- ‘Queer Eye’ EPs On Season 5 Highlights, ‘We’re In Japan!’ Challenges & The Impact Of COVID-19 Pandemic On Future Installments
- Sleep experts share their secrets for getting shut-eye on planes - from what to eat to how you can relax
- No added sugar for babies, US advisory panel recommends, as it launches early feeding advice
- ‘Is there any home remedy for dry eyes?’
- Priyanka Mattoo’s Career Advice Is a Bright Light in Dark Times
- Fears for 40,000 cruise jobs as 'furious' industry slams advice telling ALL tourists to avoid holidays at sea while minister suggests trips won't be back until October
- Celebrity Family Feud: OG Queer Eye beats The New Class after scoring points in Kardashians and plastic surgery round
EXPERT ADVICE 2010 - A Perspective From the Eye of IT have 366 words, post on www.technewsworld.com at January 19, 2011. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.