Debby Flowers calls home the 240 acre farm that her husband grew up on. Returning “up north” after living in more populated places for 20 years was a great decision for their family of 4. She has a large vegetable garden where she grow her family’s favorites–peas, tomatoes, and lots of corn. Growing pumpkins for sale in the fall is a family project. She enjoys flower gardening as well.JANUARYThis month, take time to dream about your garden and thumb through all the new seed catalogs that are arriving in your mailbox. What else can a northern gardener do to keep busy in January? Here are a few ideas:Recycle Your Christmas tree. Many communities have programs to shred trees to make a useful mulch that the public can get free or at a low cost in the spring.Care for Poinsettias. Cut back your holiday plant and provide water and moderate amounts of organic fertilizer until next fall. Starting October 1st, it must have total darkness from 5 p.m. to 8 a.m. daily.Get Creative With Gardening Projects. Build birdhouses and birdfeeders, planters, or seating for the garden.Get Educated About Gardening. Have you been thinking about becoming a Master Gardener? This could be… Read full this story
- What To Plant In Your Front Yard In Every Zone Across The United States
- Trump will pull United States out of landmark Paris climate agreement
- 6 Weird But Brilliant Tricks We Can Learn From Gardeners Around The World
- 5 Unusual Fruits Perfect For Growing In Organic Gardens
- Your Creative Calendar: 91 Things To Do, See, And Hear This June
- Veggie Van, tower gardens bring fresh produce to Lackawanna, Niagara Falls
- Trump demands end to ‘phony investigations’ in fiery Rose Garden statement, after meeting with Dems cut short
- STDs are surging. Kentucky is 1 of 2 states with treatment policies that ignore partners
- The 5 Best Plants for Your Spring Herb Garden
- American Asylum Pact With Honduras Seals 'Northern Triangle'
Monthly Garden Calendar for Northern Tier United States have 314 words, post on www.rodalesorganiclife.com at December 21, 2010. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.