Dragon ascends: Huong, in a black long dress, with her collection at the “Holy dragon” at Ha Noi’s Temple of Literature. — VNS Photos Hoang Hieu by Minh Huong An autumn chill has enveloped the city, the sunshine has faded and a row of willow trees sways gently in the breeze. A group of girls dressed in ao dai (traditional Vietnamese dress) seem to be floating through the air, the beautiful folds of their garments rippling around them. This enchanting image of Vietnamese girls clad in ao dai has been an inspiration for many poets, novelists, artists and fashion designers. Lan Huong is a traditional dress designer. She enhances the natural beauty of Vietnamese women with her innovative designs, accentuating their attractive curves, creating a subtle sexiness for her clients whilst preserving the discreet and traditional beauty of women. She respects the needle-work and beauty of silk but still creates new, original and precise traditional costumes. She loved needlework as a child. When she was accepted into the Ha Noi University of Culture, her mother bought her a sewing-machine as a reward. As a student, she used to ride a bicycle to Ha Noi’s Kham Thien Street to buy fabric….
- How Rebel Wilson's Career Inspired Her to Design Clothes for Women of All Sizes (She's an 18!)
- Don’t mock the rock – Tracey Emin’s wedding is a message to single women
- Saul Bass: A Life in Film & Design by Jennifer Bass and Pat Kirkham – review
- Vietnamese women are creating new values
- What to watch now you’re stuck at home: The Capture, Bloom S2, The Secrets She Keeps and more
- Girls4Tech: We Want Women Building the Products of the Future — Ifeoma Dozie
- We brought the outdoors indoors! Are you being driven up the wall by the coronavirus lockdown? These women decided to paint them instead – and gave their families a whole new world
- 'Asian dog, you brought corona here': Young women racially abused, spat on in Sydney street
- New on DVD: 'Little Women' is the family love story we need right now
- Indian contemporary art: Young artists lay new foundations
Young designer captures essence of women have 345 words, post on at November 15, 2010. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.