>> National Assembly debates North-South Express railway The National Assembly has not yet given an in-principle approval to a hi-speed railway project, but the government has continued its feasibility study on it. The Minister of Transport, Ho Nghia Dung, addressed the topic during a Q&A at the Nation Assembly (NA) on November 23. Dung said the feasibility study is aimed to respond to questions raised by NA deputies at the 7th session, adding that the study will also serve the national transport development plan. Regarding foundations for the study, Dung said that although the NA has not yet approved the project in principle, they did not ban the feasibility to be studied. He also cited a document which collected discussions from NA deputies about the railway project on June 19, 2010, to show no ban from the NA. “Speeches by National Assembly leaders or the minutes from a meeting are not a legal document. I agree that the government has the right to study it, but the minister should not say that the NA has allowed the study,” a stern Deputy Nguyen Minh Thuyet from Lang Son Province said. Answering a question from Deputy Duong Trung Quoc in Dong Nai… Read full this story
- Hyperloop group begins study of high-speed cross-state transportation
- State Rep. Leman Files High-Speed Rail Oversight Bills
- Nevada Copper Files Pumpkin Hollow Open Pit Pre-Feasibility Study With Improved Economics, Simplified Build and Phased Expansion
- In Miami, Richard Branson Hits The Ground Running With Virgin Trains USA, High-Speed Rail Service in Southern Florida
- Newsom claims ‘retribution’ after Trump administration demands high-speed rail funds back
- Battle between Trump and California heats up with high-speed rail funding and border wall taking center stage
- They moved to make way for California’s high-speed rail. Now they wonder if it was for nothing
- State analysts: Make up your mind on high-speed rail, Gavin
- What happens if Trump takes back high-speed rail funds?
- California Republicans call for re-do vote on high-speed rail project after Newsom's 'bait-and-switch'
Transport Minister: Further feasibility study needed for high speed railway have 325 words, post on dtinews.vn at November 24, 2010. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.